Friday, November 28, 2014

Friday Finish: Hapi Mystery Quilt

Yes, that's snow on the deck. Sad times
Well, despite all the frustration over the free motion quilting in my previous post, I did finish this one. I actually like the design and intend to continue practicing it so I can use it again on once I'm better at it.

I'm still not sure if I'll give it to my friend for her birthday as I originally planned to or not. The reality is, most people would not notice all it's flaws - only quilters or really strange critical people notice that stuff. I think even though she'd be pleased with it, I don't know if I'm OK with giving away something I don't feel great about.


I did go and unpick that one really terrible part where my machine seemed to lose all tension for about 8 inches, so at least that's gone. And the good thing is that the prints are so busy, you can't really see the quilting weirdness on the front.

I dunno...this one was a learning experience. And I'm a newly humbled quilter.

No comments:

Post a Comment