Friday, June 16, 2017

Friday Finish: Bloom


My one act of sewing this week was to get the binding on to the Bloom quilt, which has otherwise been finished for a couple weeks now. Isn't this quilt the cutest thing? I love the bright happy old-fashioned feel of it, and I'm pleased with how the whole thing turned out.


I deviated a little from the pattern, in that I skipped the brown border, because...brown. Ick. I added a piano key border out of all the leftover scraps I had, because I love piano key borders. The backing and binding are from the clearance shelf at SR Harris, and it's from a Rowan collection according to the selvedge, but I'm not sure who the designer was.


I think it'd be fun to make another one of these using more modern fabrics and maybe a darker background. I've also embraced some different applique techniques, and I'd like to utilize those in a similar quilt. For now though, I'm just going to enjoy this finish and try and decide which block is my favorite - I think it's top row, 2nd one from the left! 

1 comment:

  1. Now THAT is one beautiful quilt!!! LOVE IT!! I guess that is more the style I like......old fashion. Must be the memories of grandma's that make it special. You do beautiful work. I think I like the one next to it the best......the 4th one on the top row. Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete