Monday, February 12, 2018

Inside Out Pineapples



I've been having fun with a new project! After my bin of solid colored scraps wouldn't shut, I knew it was time to start using some of them up, and I've wanted to make this block called "Inside Out Pineapple" for a long time.

I started by dumping out all my scraps into a big heap and then sub-dividing them into color groups, which was fun in and of itself!

This block is paper-pieced, and made up of 4 quadrants, each with 20 pieces...so they're time-consuming and fiddly, but the results are so cool!


I'm doing each block in two colors and reversing the focus color - so in the block below, the navy is the focus in part of the block, and then the lighter blue is in the other half. I think it adds to the interest and almost creates a bit of an optical illusion.


I've made 5 of these so far and am going to do 4 more. I'm definitely making a dent in my scraps too, which is the whole point!

In other quilty news, I finished the top to the "Luminary" quilt and have it basted and ready to be quilted, so that's my next project after I finish these Inside Out Pineapples.

No comments:

Post a Comment