Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Panache Applique


I finished the main part of the Panache quilt, got all my wedges sewn together and attached to the background. I'm still not sure what color to make the center circle part, so I'm saving that for later.


Now, it's time for all the applique! Each corner of this quilt has a spray of flowers, leaves, vines and grape clusters. It's a LOT of little pieces, and I think the hardest part will be all the tiny grapes. Each cluster has 24 grapes, and there are 8 clusters, so...


I'm trying to figure out what method is easiest for making all these little grapes - so far I've tried the sewing around a circle of fabric, and then pulling the threads so it gathers into a circle. I'm not sold on it yet, so next I'll try the method where you wrap tinfoil around your little circle and fabric and iron the hell out of it. I'll report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment