Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Finish: Log Cabin Beads



Log Cabin Beads is finished! I'm very proud of this quilt, mostly just because I love the colors so much. I made it entirely out of scraps and pieces from my fabric stash, and that makes me feel especially good: "No New Fabric Was Purchased For the Making of this Quilt!".

My Doodling Loops turned out OK - the stitch quality of my free motion quilting has steadily improved, but I need to become more creative with my designs. I'm a fan of all-over quilting designs, just for the convenience of it. Time to get out of my rut, and start showcasing the quilting as a design element vs. just something to hold the quilt together.

But enough critical feedback - look at the pretty colors! Look at how nice and big it is! I never dreamed I'd be able to quilt a queen size quilt with such ease, but thanks to my Juki, it's a piece of cake.

I chose a scrappy binding for this, just to fit in with the overall scrappiness of the design and fabric choices.

I'd love to do another version of this quilt sometime - Log Cabin's are so easy and fun to piece together, and wouldn't this be stunning with a gray or navy background and other bead colors?

4 comments:

  1. Your quilt is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt. This quilt is on my list of quilts to make.I plan on using xmas fabrics I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt. This quilt is on my list of quilts to make.I plan on using xmas fabrics I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a pattern for your gorgeous quilt?

    ReplyDelete