Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday Finish: Modern Buzzsaw


I was hoping to take this one to Seattle with me a few weeks ago to give as a host gift, but the quilting just didn't happen in time.

I finally finished it up over the past few days, and I'm happy with how it turned out. I did have a few issues with my backing not cooperating fully and puckering up in a few places, but I was able to "quilt it out" pretty well, and it's going to a male non-quilter. I have a feeling he won't notice.


I quilted this in a stipple pattern, with a loop in the first border, and swirls in the second. The backing and binding are the same fabric from Connecting Threads - it looks like a bandanna. I machine-finished the binding for durability. I've been doing more of that lately - I love the look of hand-finished bindings, but I want my quilts to last and be able to be tossed in to the washing machine or dryer without problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment