Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Quilted Bag Finishes

I finally buckled down over the holiday weekend and finished up the quilted bags for my sister. These were a learning process:
  • I learned that adding zipper tabs to your zippers is useless if you don't do your math correctly and they get eaten up in the seam allowance
  • I learned to make sure everything is sewn properly before you do top-stitching
  • I learned that buying a new seam ripper is totally worth the $1.99
  • I learned how to get a zipper pull back on a zipper after accidentally cutting it off
  • I learned that nothing really great happens after 2 a.m. when it comes to sewing things.
Here are picture of each bag - inside, and out because I think the insides are pretty cute too! You'll probably recognize the fabrics, as each bag is made from scraps from finished quilts. I just have one more to complete, and then I'm finished.














No comments:

Post a Comment