Thursday, August 6, 2015

Recipe Time: Fried Rice


http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/fried-rice-recipe/
I  haven't been cooking much this summer, but last week I finally reached the point where I couldn't stomach another pizza delivery. I enjoy cooking, I really do. It's just generally the last thing I want to think about when I get home from work. So, the name of the game has to be fast and easy. Let me tell you, this fried rice really fit the bill and was SO GOOD.

The key with fried rice? You have to use rice that was cooked a few days ago. You can't just boil up some rice and then decide to fry it right away or you'll end up with a big pan of mush. Believe me, I've tried it.

There are lots of recipes out there for fried rice, but I liked this one from Gimme Some Oven - everything she says was spot on, Old rice? Check. Butter instead of oil? Check. Fish sauce? Done. You know me though, I never follow any recipe to the letter. Here are my notes:

  • I scrambled three eggs instead of two, because I like the eggy bits
  • I threw in some leftover cooked chicken for some extra protein
  • I didn't have any green onions on hand, so I skipped those.
This took me exactly 15 minutes to make, and would be awesome with some pot-stickers or egg rolls, although I just ate a big bowl of it and called it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment