Tuesday, July 19, 2016

From the Archives: Lattice Quilt


I loved the Missouri Star Quilt Company youtube tutorials when I first started quilting. Jenny Doan makes things so wonderfully easy and doable! This quilt uses charm packs (pre-cut 5 inch fabric squares), and I had a few of those from a Tina Givens fabric collection.


The pink strips were from an old sheet, and the backing and binding are an old cotton Shabby Chic shower curtain - I'm all about making do and using what I have!


I think the thing I love most about this quilt is the free-motion quilting. I really enjoyed making that loopy design around the border, and my stippling in the main part of the quilt was very even and precise.

My Aunt Alice grabbed this one, and I get to revisit it every time I go see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment