Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday Finish: Disappearing Nine Patch


Well, we made it home from Ireland...eventually. Our plane was diverted to Fargo due to bad weather in Minneapolis, and we were stuck there for 6 hours. We managed to get out on the last flight that left there at 2 IN THE MORNING! I got in my front door at four a.m. yesterday morning. Phew!

My jet lag has been pretty typical - I'm exhausted beyond belief by 7 p.m. and then wide awake around 3 a.m. So frustrating!


Nonetheless, I managed to sew the binding on this little baby quilt last night so it would be ready in time for the baby shower tomorrow. The backing is a Dear Stella arrow print I had, and I added a strip of leftover squares from the front just for fun.


I'm please with how this turned out, as it was largely improvisational and unplanned. I quilted it in an easy stipple, and the binding is some leftover Connecting Threads fabric I had in my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment