Friday, November 24, 2017

Friday Finish: Dreaming



Quilting this was a cinch - just fast easy loops! I've been waiting for a sunny day out to photograph it. It's been nothing but grey here and freezing cold, which is perfect for holing up and sewing, but not so great when it comes to photographing what you've sewn!


I backed this in a Jennifer Paganelli floral print, which seems like it wouldn't work at all, but somehow appealed to me. I did decide to change the binding though because of it. The original binding was supposed to be a mustardy yellow batik print, but that really clashed with the backing, so I went with this darker pink print instead. I like how it all turned out.

This is my sixth finish, and you know what that means? No more "NO NEW PROJECTS" rule! I can start new stuff! I can sew whatever the hell I want to! Believe me, I have a list. It's going to seem weird to have such freedom ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment