Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Jingle Bird: Block 2


The second blocks in the Jingle Bird quilt were much easier than the first one - way less leaves and stems! I made these two over the weekend, and I just love the cute little poinsettias at the bottom. I added little yellow flowers to the ends of the stems on one block, and red berries on the other one.

These red berries are supposed to be way smaller, but I found it impossible to applique such teeny tiny circles, so I gave up and made them bigger. I'm all about making life easy, and this quilt is tricky enough as it is without me fussing over tiny pinhead sized circles.

There are no birds on these blocks, but plenty more to come in future ones, don't worry!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect! I am all about making life easier!! They look great! Looking forward to the rest of the blocks......this will be a beautiful quilt. I can hardly wait! Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete