Friday, December 20, 2019

Friday Finish: Inside Out


I was all set to baste a quilt together and start finishing it last week, and then I discovered I'd run out of battings! I tend to stock up on these about once a year when they go on sale, and just didn't realize my supply had run out I guess. I DID happen to have scraps left over from other finishes, so I pieced them all together into a frankenstein batting. This "Inside Out" quilt from 2017 matched the size of it perfectly, so here it is! 


I quilted this in a diagonal grid with my trusty walking foot, and I like how the bright melon colored thread shows up on the fabrics. I wasn't sure how this would work, but I think it's good. The backing is a crazy butterfly print that I had just enough of, and the binding is a random bit of batik I had left from something WAY long ago.


I'm going to try and squeeze in one more Friday Finish before the new year, since I've been on a pretty good roll with this. Not quite one finish per week, I think it's ended up being more like one every other week - but still! Not a bad way to end 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment