Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Quilting the Trifle Dish: Hourglass Blocks

I'm quilting each row of the Trifle Dish quilt in something different. I think this will be a good way for me to practice some different designs and hopefully get comfortable with something other than stipples and swirls. (at least, that's the plan...)

My first block...still getting the hang of things!
I did my Hourglass Blocks last night in a sort of free-style paisley or tear drop pattern. I've done this before, and it takes me awhile to find my groove with it. My tear drops sometimes start turning into rows of feathers, or I have trouble pivoting off into different directions. Overall though, I'm happy with how the first row turned out.

By the end, things are looking much better! More even placement and shapes that aren't so wonky.
Also, remember when I said I wasn't too fussed about the shade variation with my background fabric? Yeah, that's not true anymore. It's bugging the hell out of me, but I'm not sure if there's anything to be done about it. Maybe after I wash it things will even out? 

No comments:

Post a Comment