Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday Finish: Sugar Block


After I put this one together and quilted it, it started to grow on me quite a bit. It's still not quite my style, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

I pieced the backing out of all my leftover fabric from this line, since I don't think I'll want to use it again, and I'm trying this thing where I USE MY FABRIC!

Pieced backing
I quilted this in a pattern I made up and I don't know what to call it...it's kind of swirly, kind of spiky. I like it, because it's fun to stitch, and covers space up fast.



I happened to be working on this while my housemate's friend was over, and she was emoting over how much she loved it, so I handed it to her as she was leaving, all finished and bound. She cried she was so excited. My aunt teases me that I hand out quilts like they're sticks of gum, like it's no big deal. For me, that's part of the fun of making things. I don't tend to get too attached to what I'm working on either, so it really isn't a big deal to hand them over to someone else. I'm happy for my quilts to find new homes!



No comments:

Post a Comment