Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Rise and Shine blocks


I've finished making the blocks for the Rise and Shine quilt. I have to say, I had a hard time with these for some reason, and there was lots of seam-ripping involved. I think part of it was that the directions were written for a white background, and I'm using blue, so every time it would say something like "Sew the white squares unto the blocks" or something, I'd have to stop and think and translate it in my head. Which sometimes I'd forget to do, so I'd sew the wrong piece unto the wrong row or some dumb thing.

Anyhoo...all mistakes aside, these are turning out so cute, and I love how they look like they're set on point, but actually not. I'm sick of setting quilts on point, since it seems like I've been doing a few of those lately and I think it's a huge pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment