Thursday, July 16, 2015

This week in sewing...


I started a new quilt on Monday, but it's kind of at the early boring stages, so I haven't blogged about it. This is a Camille Rosekelley pattern called "Rise and Shine" and I'm making it with her Miss Kate fabric collection, same as the "Miss Kate's Turnover" quilt. Still not sick of that fabric!


I've completed the 16-patch blocks, which all get cornered with a half-square triangle. Next up is making flying geese units, and then it starts to get fun! 

I'm supposed to mark each half-square triangle with a diagonal line to use as a sewing guide, but I'm lazy and impatient, so I've just been eye-balling it with actually very good success. I really hate marking things, especially hundreds of little fabric squares!

No comments:

Post a Comment