Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday Finish: Moroccan Tiles


I love the combination of curves and angles that this quilt has. I was originally going to hang this over my fireplace, but it's just a tad too big, so maybe it'll be more of a lap or throw quilt for the time being.

This was made with the "Isle of Enchantment" fabric line from Connecting Threads, and the combination of turquoises, purples, oranges, and pinks are striking.


I quilted this in an all-over spiral with variegated purple thread, and the backing is and binding are both prints from the same Isle of Enchantment line, and I hand-bound it, just for a more finished look for the intended fireplace hanging.


It's been awhile since I've hand-bound a quilt, and I like doing it - but man, does it take forever! This was 7 episodes of "Transparent"s  worth of work...that's 3 1/2 hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment