Thursday, February 25, 2016

Snapshots Quilt: Final Blocks and Borders


Gone Surfing
So, I'd fallen behind on the last few blocks of the 2015 Snapshots Quilt Along, so I spent Friday night sewing up the October, November, and December blocks. Sorry, the lighting isn't so great in my sewing room at night, so these don't look as fabulous as they do in person!

Sail Away
Walk in the Park

With all the blocks finished, I had fun arranging them on my design wall and figuring out what fabric I wanted for the borders. I decided on an aqua floral reproduction from Connecting Threads, and I think it looks cute!


The next step will be to figure out what to use for the background - the original quilt uses an aqua polka dot, which won't work for me...I'll have to go through my fabric stash and see what I have that might work.

No comments:

Post a Comment