Monday, October 24, 2016

Cutting a New Project



After I finished quilting the Churn Dash and Mustang quilts, I decided to reward myself by starting a fresh new project. Yes, I have umpteen unfinished ones to work on, but sometimes you've just gotta start something new and fun!

This quilt is made from the Tula Pink collection called "Eden" and there's nothing better than getting to play around with Tula Pink fabric - the colors, the patterns, the hidden animals!


I can tell from the cutting that this quilt will require careful construction. There are tons of bias edges, so precision, careful pressing and starching will be the order of the day.

In other momentous cutting news, I put a new blade in my rotary cutter! It had been...I don't know...a YEAR since I'd done it last? I don't know why I'm so terrible about doing that, because each time I start cutting with a new blade it's a revelation and I think "It's so easy now! I must do this more often!"...and then a year goes by. But this time, I WILL do it more often, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment