Monday, October 10, 2016

Recipe Time: Layered Asian Dip

When some friends came over last weekend for extended sit-on-the-deck time and dinner, I decided an appetizer was needed to take the edge off since our gatherings are notorious for delayed dinners. Who wants to go in the kitchen and start cooking when there's deck and wine talk going on? In fact, there have been times when 9 pm rolls around, no dinner has been made, and everyone's too soused to care, which is why pizza delivery exists. The answer to all of these problems is appetizers! Why haven't we thought of this before?

I knew just by looking at the ingrediants that this recipe was going to be awesome, and it was. We scarfed down a batch of it Saturday night, and it was so awesome I made more of it to take to a party on Sunday night, where it was also scarfed down and demands were made for more to be brought to future gatherings.

The recipe can be found here: https://www.landolakes.com/recipe/18806/layered-asian-appetizer/ and I pretty much followed the directions, except for a few things:

  • I didn't add the butter to the cream cheese, because why? Cream cheese is already fatty enough
  • Maybe because of that, my cream cheese was a little stiff, so I added a splash of milk when I was blending it to make it a little more spreadable
  • There are tons of different asian chili sauces out there - I used one by the same company that makes Sriracha Sauce - it has a rooster on the jar
  • My peanuts were salted, because I like salty stuff. Unsalted peanuts? Gross

No comments:

Post a Comment