Friday, October 21, 2016

Friday Finish: September Mini Quilt

My mini quilt for September took a little longer to finish, because the final touch was adding some hand stitching around the border. Isn't it cute?


I quilted this in a meandering loopy pattern which I thought was reminiscent of unspooling thread or something like that...to match the little spools of course! It might have been a bit too esoteric, because I think it's kind of hard to see, but whatever - it was fast and easy!

For some reason (I think it was the hand sewing that did it), this got a little off-kilter and I think I might block it so it will hang nice and square.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this mini quilt. The colors & fabric remind me of great grandma Frieda. There is one little suggestion......I think you have to extend your hand stitching in the red a little further on the left side......it just seems like it needs to go to the end of your block as the other side does!! Just an idea!! Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete