Thursday, February 16, 2017

En Provence: Final Borders


Now that my detour into the berry patch is over, it's back to regularly scheduled programming. I finally finished up adding the borders to the En Provence mystery quilt.

The first border was made up of the neutral four patch blocks and some of the triangles to finish out the stars, and the second and final border was just neutral four patches. For some reason I'd miscounted when I first made these back in November, and I was short about 15 blocks. I got out my trusty neutrals again and made one last batch of them - phew. Glad those are finally over!

This was a fun project, and overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, considering that all my fabrics were picked before I knew how any of it would be sewn together or how they would be placed. If I had to do it over I'd pick purples with greater contrast so my lights and darks would stand out more, but all in all I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment