Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Juicy Berries


I went to town over the weekend and finished up all my berry blocks. I decided to stagger them by sewing a white strip of fabric on the bottom of half the blocks and the top of the other half and then alternating them in the rows. I also experimented with adding sashing strips in between each block but decided that was too much white, and I don't like lots of white in quilts.

So that left me with a fairly small quilt, too small even for a baby quilt and I didn't want to make more berry blocks - I love them, but am ready to be done. The answer: Borders!


I added a white border, just to even out the blocks that didn't have any white on top, and then I added a narrow pink border for a little visual interest, and finally a big thick green leafy border.

I'm really pleased with how this turned out - those berries are so darn cute with all the different shades of pink, and now with all the borders it's a nice sized baby or lap quilt.

1 comment:

  1. I really LOVE the quilt........I love the offset berries & the shot of pink on the border is really a nice touch!! Looks like some 4-legged friend like it as well! Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete