Saturday, February 25, 2017

Smithereens: Slow but Sure


I got all my diamonds sewn together and pressed carefully open and started sewing the rows together. This is a slow process. It's hard to get all the seams matched up with the weird angles, and the pattern itself can be a little hard to follow.


I'm marking off each row with a sharpie so I can keep track of what I've done and where I'm at. So far it's going OK, but can you see where it might be confusing? Sheesh


Half my seams match and the other half...not so much. But I'm getting better as I go, and carefully pinning everything is also helping.

1 comment:

  1. SHEESH, is right!! Boy that is one heck of a pattern........you really have to concentrate on where you are in that pattern!! But, I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. It will be gorgeous! Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete