Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Colorwheels


I'm halfway though my Quilt Finishing initiative, and as promised I have not started any new projects until I finish three more quilts. Of course, I have plenty of unfinished projects laying around, so I've been pulling a few of those out when I need a break from free-motion quilting.

I started working on these paper-pieced color wheels back in February, but ran out of solid colored scraps. Since then I've worked on quite a few projects using solids, so my scrap bin was replenished and I could finish up these wheels.


There are 16 blocks in the quilt, and each block has 4 wheel quadrants. I don't mind doing curved piecing, but it is quite a bit slower than zipping through my normal straight seams. I'm about half way through with these blocks, and expect I'll have this finished up by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment