Friday, August 11, 2017

Friday Finish: Strawberry Fields



No underripe tasteless strawberries here! I just love these bright juicy morsels, and the fact that I made these completely from bits of scraps makes me extra happy.

These blocks were a lot of work with all the pieces in each one, but the quilting hardly took me any time - those figure 8's are super quick and easy, and I like that they blend in nicely and aren't too obtrusive.


The backing is more of the green leafy print from the large border, and also a strip of a bright pink floral with birds I've had for awhile. I figured it was in keeping with the pink theme, and birds like berries, right? The binding is the same pink print as the narrow border on the front, and it's machine finished for extra durability.


This finished out to be a large baby/nice sized lap quilt. It doesn't have a home yet, so it's going in the quilt closet for now, and maybe I'll post it on my Etsy shop later.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that really turned out to be a pretty quilt. Love the wide green border with the narrow strip of pink.......really makes the strawberry section the "star"! Good job. Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Love the color combo.❤️

    ReplyDelete