Friday, August 25, 2017

Friday Finish: Hedge Maze


I actually started quilting this awhile back, sometime in April or May, but set it aside when I got distracted by other shiny objects. It only needed another 2 hours of work on it, so I buckled down on Sunday afternoon and finally finished it up.

The quilting design is what I call "Spiky Swirls", but my swirly quilting is a little different each time I do it, and I was worried that my April version wouldn't be the same as my August version, but I think it's OK and you can't really tell any difference.


This was an easy sew - it's just large half-square triangles arranged in a cool maze pattern. This is all Kaffe Fassett material, and I just love his designs! The big, blowsy flowers, the crazy stripes, the wild color combinations...it's so much fun to work with.


The backing is a Jennifer Paganelli print I got at SR Harris. It doesn't really match the front, but I think it works just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment