Sunday, January 21, 2018

North and South: All Together


Well, almost halfway done getting the top sewn together! All this happened last night (Saturday), over the course of a few episodes of the "Heaven's Gate" podcast I've been glued to. I keep sewing in order to listen to one more episode, and next thing you know whole quilts are sewn together. I'll be able to look back later and think "oh yes, I made this quilt whilst obsessing over doomsday cults and whether or not brainwashing is a scientific fact". Weird.

I've deviated a little from the pattern in order to save time. As it was written, the grey square blocks were supposed to be made from two triangles sewn together. That made zero sense to me - why not just cut a grey square and be done with it! So that's what I did, and I'm very pleased with myself for saving some extra steps. So far all the bias edges on the pieced colored blocks aren't giving me too much trouble. I'm spotted a little bit of bubbling and buckling here and there, but overall, this is coming together really nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment