Sunday, January 21, 2018

North and South

After finished up the "Endless Summer" top, I moved right into a new project called "North and South". I got word last week that I'll be doing a solo quilt exhibit at my church this fall, so the pressure's on. How will I pull everything together that I want to exhibit in time? Most of what I think would be cool isn't made yet, so that's kind of a problem. 


This North and South quilt might be part of the show, depending on how it all turns out. Making the blocks has been fast, which I love! They're are made out of Half Square triangles, which I made quickly by slapping together two fabric squares, sewing around the perimeter, and then cutting them crosswise on the diagonal. I love this method, but it's not always an optimal way to make triangles, as all the edges are on the bias and prone to stretch. Time is key here though, so I decided to go with FAST and deal with whatever weirdness resulted later. So far so good, and look how it's all coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment