Friday, November 30, 2018

My Quilt Show

I've mentioned my quilt show here quite a bit over the past few months, but now that it's been hanging for a month, I thought I'd better get some pictures up of it!

I've already posted about these quilts extensively on this blog, with the exception of one, so there aren't really any surprises, but it's fun to see them actually hung up next to each other. I never really see what I make in one big display, and I was worried my exhibit wouldn't have cohesion or look complete, but I think it does and I'm happy with how everything turned out. Two quilts got hung in the sanctuary, and eight more in our social hall exhibit space.

Sanctuary Quilts: Aviatrix Medallion and Frequency
Mermaid Blossom, Wayfinder and Panache

Luminary, Hopscotch and Color Wheels
Pineapple Slice in the Corner

Solar Flare
Flying Geese Circles
Two quilts have sold so far, which was more than I'd expected (they're expensive!), and people have loved it so much, they asked if it could stay hung for an additional month! That makes me happy, to know how much people are enjoying what I make. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great display for many people to enjoy. All your quilts are so pretty & what a nice "reward" that people want to enjoy your art a little longer. Beautiful job, well done! Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful display. Happy you are able to share the work of your hands with your church family!❤️

    ReplyDelete