Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Jingle Bird Top Finish



I really went to town over the past couple weeks and cranked the Jingle Bird blocks out. Gosh, I'd forgotten how fiddly these are! Each one seems to have 100 little pieces, and it just takes forever. My previous blocks were pretty traditional red and green christmas colors, with the addition of turquoise in the leaf shapes, but with the new ones I made,  I incorporated some more peach and pinks into the mix and I think it looks nice.



I had grand plans for how to set these blocks around the big center square block with a pieced triangle setting, but after I did all the math and made a prototype, I decided I didn't like it very much, so I did some more math and made each block a little larger with the colored triangles around the edges. After it was all sewn together I decided it needed a little extra something, so I added the red border around the center block by just appliqueing it on there. Ta-da!


As you can see, this is now up on my basting wall, so my project tonight is to baste and start quilting it. I want to have it in the mail by Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! To be sure, the gift recipient will be delighted....a merry Christmas indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful work of art that will bring great joy to the one who receives it. Enjoy some Christmas music and goodies as you finish the Jingle Bird quilt. Then, enjoy Christmas festivities with family and friends. Love Aunt Barbie

    ReplyDelete