Sunday, December 23, 2018

Amy's Stars Top Finish


Turns out slow and steady won the race with this one. Despite being bored silly making it, I just tackled those half-square triangles one color at a time with a goal of getting two colors done each night after work.


Once all the blocks were made, it was pretty easy to get them sewn into rows. I added two borders - a narrow white one, and a thicker teal one. I don't think the stars pattern immediately jumps out at you with this - you sort of have to look for it, and mostly it just seems like a jumble of brightly colored triangles. I'm not a huge fan, but it's OK - bright colors are good!

This one is being added to the "To Be Quilted" drawer, which is full now. I think I'll be starting off January with lots of free motion quilting so that I can finish up some projects!

1 comment:

  1. Are any of your quilt creations available for sale.....on Etsy?

    ReplyDelete