Friday, December 21, 2018

Friday Finish: Jingle Bird


My plans actually worked out! I was able to get this basted, quilted and bound and this is now on it's way to my cousin in Louisiana, just in time for christmas!

I think this is a gorgeous quilt, but is it christmasy? Not so much, as it turns out. This was never supposed to be straight up red and green, because her decorating is more teals, so I think the color scheme is as it should be, but I'm worried that maybe I should have added more touches of red, more berries, more birds? I know she'll love it no matter what, and I'll just have to leave it at that.




I did add a christmasy backing with more cardinals and holly and such, so at least there's that!

The quilting on this went super fast with me doing my "Maui's Hook" free motion pattern. The binding is the same material as the inner border, and I did it all by machine for speed and extra durability.

This was a fun one, but I'll be taking a break from fiddly applique for ahile, thank you very much!

1 comment: