Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday Finish: Scrappy Strings


At last - the first Friday Finish of the year! The Scrappy Strings quilt has been completed for a week or two now, but I haven't been able to photograph it - it seems like it's been cloudy and overcast here for awhile, but we finally had a sunny day over the weekend which I took advantage of.

Backing
So, as I've written about previously, this is made up entirely out of scraps without much thought to color or placement - it's just a catch-all quilt. The straight line quilting gives it a nice texture, and the backing is a pretty orchid colored print of unknown origin. I bound it using a purple batik print, and I like that darker frame it gives.

This ended up being a lap or crib sized quilt, and will go in the To Be Gifted pile.

1 comment: