Tuesday, January 26, 2016

More Quilting


After finishing up the quilting on the Scrappy Strings and Moroccan Tiles quilts, I decided to start in on the Moxie top. This is taking a bit longer because I decided to do something a little more complex than my normal all-over simple designs.

Ribbon Candy
I based what I'm doing on the original Tula Pink quilt that Free-Motion Celebrity Angela Walters quilted, and I'm liking the results. I'm switching between two different designs every other wedge - one of them I'm calling Ribbon Candy, and the other I don't know what to call it...it kind of looks like seaweed to me, or something vaguely aquatic. In the middle I'm doing pebbling, and I'm also adding pebbling in other random bits, because it's fun to do.

Seaweed?

I've been toiling on this for about 10 hours so far, and I probably have another 4 or 5 to go. It's fun to do something a little more involved like this every now and then, but I'll be happy to go back to simple loops or swirls after this!

No comments:

Post a Comment