Friday, December 23, 2016

Bowl Cozies


A friend at work was recently bemoaning the fact the she didn't buy some quilted bowl cozies at a local craft fair. "I can make some for you!" I told her, knowing they couldn't be that hard. I've seen these around before, and sure enough, directions for how to sew them are plentiful on the internet. 

In case you don't know what these are all about, the premise is that sometimes you microwave something and then the bowl is too hot to pick up or hold. With these handy things, you plop your bowl in them, microwave the whole business and then you don't have to burn your fingers!


I made one, and it took me all of 10 minutes and was fun and easy, so then I made about 8 more and brought a whole stack into work. Now I have commissions to make some more manly ones for husbands. Plus I want to make a few for myself!

2 comments: