Saturday, December 3, 2016

How the Grinch Stole Christmas Quilt


My holiday spirit ebbs and flows. Some years I'm all about the christmas trees and music and baking and family times, and then some years I just want to skip the whole thing and fast-forward to January 2nd. No matter what though, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" has been a solid mainstay. My mother would bring out our well-worn copy of it after thanksgiving, and read it to us constantly over the next month. I still know it all by heart:

"Every Who down in Whoville liked Christmas a lot.
But the Grinch who lived just north of Whoville did not.
The Grinch hated Christmas, the whole christmas season.
Now please don't ask why, no one quite knows the reason."

This year, I'm all about christmas. I'm making home-made christmas ornaments, I signed up for three holiday baking classes (I just took the Truffles one....YUM), and it only seemed right that I make a christmas quilt. The best thing is that I found a Grinch Christmas Quilt pattern and material!


This is an easy quilt to make - it's just 6 inch squares, bordered by the striped fabric and polka dot cornerstones. I had it sewn together in about 3 hours, added the two big borders, and done! I'm going to try and get this quilted and bound so it'll be ready to cuddle up with in front of the tree. Yes...there will be a tree this year!

2 comments: