Friday, March 24, 2017

Amish Medallion Progress


I am really loving working on this medallion quilt. Because there are so many varying parts, and each part is so different, it's impossible to get bored with it. I finished up the rainbow colored circles, and started working on the green and blue circles they're paired with. I'm getting pretty good at the curved piecing, but it's still tricky to get them lined up just so. I've done a fair bit of seam-ripping and resewing of these in attempts to get them just a little bit better, and most of them are good now.

These got bordered by a rainbow of squares which was a nice easy break from all the precision piecing, and now I'm working on the next four blocks, which are these big bold appliqued flowers:


I'm not hand-appliqueing them, because I don't have the patience, but it's been fun to work on large-scale applique after all those teeny-tiny flower pieces I was doing previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment