Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Recipe Time: Crockpot Moo Shu Pork

http://www.foodtasticmom.com/slow-cooker-moo-shu-pork/
When a friend at work mentioned that she was making Moo Shu Chicken for dinner, I knew right away that it sounded delecious and I wanted some! I also knew I was feeling very lazy, and crockpots are the way to go whenever possible, so after a little googling, I tried a recipe and it was great.

I don't know why I haven't jumped on the Moo Shu bandwagon earlier - delecious shred of meat, yummy asian flavors, healthy veggies, and SO EASY.

I used this lady's recipe, but of course made a few changes as is my way:
  • She says to use 1 1/2 bags of coleslaw mix, but just throw in two whole ones - one right away in the morning, and then the second one during the last 1/2 hour of cooking.
  • I added some asian red chilli paste to my sauce because I like a little spice
  • You can be crazy and add more veggies to this - I added 1/2 a bag of shredded carrot, because I had it laying around, and I've also seen mushrooms and snap peas too. I'd add those during the last 1/2 hour of cooking too, because otherwise they'll be mush.
  • Traditionally this is served with those thin crepe-like chinese pancakes, but nobody wants to make those and instead they use flour tortillas. I think tortillas are gross unless they're fried and turned into chips, so I served this over rice and thought it was was fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment