Friday, March 9, 2018

A Little Vacation


I spent a few days on the gulf coast of Florida/Alabama this week enjoying sunshine and temps in the 70's every day. While I was gone we got 8 inches of snow back here in MN, so that was fabulous timing!

I did some reading...and that was about it!


I was so close to having a Friday Finish to share today, but ultimately it didn't happen. I finished up the quilting around the star on the "Luminary" quilt, and when it was time to start on the star itself I started doing my usual little swirlies, but they just didn't look right. I did about 1/4 of it before deciding to stop and rip it out. Let me tell you, ripping out all those tiny stitches is not fun, and no amount of TV watching makes it better.

I think with the strong straight lines around the quilt the star needs more of the same, and I'm going to try straight lines radiating out from the center and see how that goes. Shouldn't take too long once I make up my mind, so hopefully NEXT Friday will be a finish day.

The last bit of swirly stitches to get ripped out

No comments:

Post a Comment