Friday, March 23, 2018

Friday Finish: Luminary


Finally! This one has been really close to being finished for two weeks now. Once I put the binding on, I decided to finish it by hand. This is because I THINK maybe this one might go into my solo show this fall, so anything that might get shown is getting a hand-sewn binding. Those take a bit more time to complete, but it's something I do enjoy.

This was pretty improvisational sewing for me, and I'm proud of how that went, as it's not something I'm very comfortable with. I think the clean lines of the quilting nicely complement all that's going on with the star. I debated over the binding, and finally decided to use the same grey linen as the background for a seamless look.


The backing is a weird Rowan print from a collection they did a few years back. I've had a bunch of yardage I've been hanging onto for awhile now to use as a backing, and decided this was the quilt for it. I'm not sure that it completely works, but whatever - it's the back.

I'm storing all the possible quilts for my solo show rolled up vs. folded to avoid creases, so this is getting rolled around a pool noodle and stashed underneath a bed for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment