Saturday, March 24, 2018

Frequency: Border 2


The 2nd border for the Frequency quilt came together so fast I didn't even have time to take pictures during the process! You cans see in the picture above that it's getting quite a bit bigger as I go, and I really love how it gets like this by sewing each border around the quilt in a square vs. row by row like in a normal quilt. I find sewing rows together my least favorite part of quilt making. It's tedious, and there are usually lots of seams to match.

The downside of medallion quilts is that if your measurements or seam allowances are off a little, it makes it really hard to construct the whole thing so every border fits. I'm please to say that so far I've been right on the money with this one!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is turning out much different then I had pictured in my mind! I like it......very nice. Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete