Thursday, March 29, 2018

Frequency: Border Three


I started working on putting the blocks together for the 3rd and final pieced border in the Frequency quilt. Like the rest of the borders, these came together fairly quickly as they're made up of simple half square triangles of varying sizes. Since there were lots of biased edges, I used elmer's glue to baste everything together before I sewed them, and that worked well. It takes a little longer to do that, but then you save time when it comes to the sewing part because you can just run them through the machine without having to stop and adjust fabric layers and keep everything together.

I was able to sew it all together and add it to the quilt last night, and the final step was adding a thick grey border to finish it all off. It's hard to get a good look at the whole thing in the picture below, but I think this is a really neat quilt with lots of visual interest from the colors and varying shapes. I'm going to try and get this quilted up right away!


No comments:

Post a Comment