Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday Finish: Raincheck Quilt



I'm so happy to have a Friday Finish to share this week! It seems like some bloggers have something to show off EVERY SINGLE WEEK, and I felt bad that I didn't quite measure up. Then I realized that most of those quilters count any stage of the creating process as a finish. "Finished Piecing My Blocks!", "Finished the Top!". I'm a little more of a purist. I don't get to post a Friday Finish unless the quilt is damn well finished!

So, this is the Raincheck Quilt, all bound and complete. I had so much fun quilting this one. I did a different design in each umbrella, and it was a great chance for me to practice a few other free motion designs and techniques, like pebbling:


Or flames: (Very tricky. I had two tries as the first one didn't go so well)


Or some good old standbyes like stipples or loops:


Sometimes I just copied what was in the fabric design:


The back and binding of this is a Ana Griffin print that I really love, from SR Harris.


This quilt was finished just in time to snuggle up with on a cold, rainy day!



No comments:

Post a Comment