Thursday, October 30, 2014

I'm Back!

So, New York was fabulous. There was lots of this:

Wo Hop restaurant in Chinatown
And this:
Cheesecake from the Carnegie Deli
And a little of this sort of thing:


Culturally speaking, there was this:


And these:
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Museum of Modern Art
You know what there wasn't any of?
Quilting!!!

And I really missed it. It seems that some quilters bring some handwork with them when they go places, like hand-pieced hexagons or something so that they're always working on a project. I think it's good for me to step away entirely for a bit. Not that I was feeling burnt out, but is it good for me to sew ALL the time? Maybe not so much. Maybe it's OK to go on a plane ride, and I don't know...READ or talk to the girl next to me about how Taylor Swift and Orlando Bloom live in same Tribeca bldg as her friend, and maybe she'll seem them when she visits!!!

So, a little hiatus is a good thing, and now I'm ready to get back in the saddle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment