Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wednesday WIP: Front Porch

The Front Porch quilt is one that I've been working on for awhile. This is a Moda fabric collection and pattern, designed by Jan Patek, and I liked the slightly more traditional prints.


The pattern used eight charm packs and I was able to piece the top pretty quickly. The only problem was, the whole thing bored me to tears. The stars are made by sewing a 1/2 square triangle unto the corner of each block, and let me tell you, that gets pretty old after the first 100 or so. I liked how it turned out, I was just sick of it by the time the top was finished, so I set it aside and moved on to something else.


Now, a few months later, I'm ready to finish this up. I basted it last night while catching up on the last season of Scandal (gotta get ready for the premier!), and now it's ready for quilting.

I'm going to attempt Elizabeth Hartman's method of the Orange Peel pattern for quilting, and I'll let you know how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment