Tuesday, October 14, 2014

New Book! "Playful Petals"


Connecting Threads had their entire stock of books on sale for 40% off, so I took advantage of the sale and bought a few. The one I'm most excited about is Corey Yoder's "Playful Petals".

Usually with a quilting book or magazine, there'll be a couple projects that I want to try making, but this book? Literally every single project is on my To Do list now!


The whole process of fusible applique is outlined in the book, so I'm going to definitely have to get over my unfounded dislike for this technique, and dive in. There are 9 quilt patterns in the book, and each pattern has an accompanying pillow pattern too. So far, I haven't jumped on the whole quilted pillows bandwagon, but I might just have to with this book.



This is timely  for me, because my scrap baskets are getting a bit out of hand, and I'm thinking some of these petal projects would be perfect scrap busters! Stay tuned...




No comments:

Post a Comment