Friday, January 30, 2015

Cathedral Windows: Start Points and Four Patches

I've had company staying with me most of the week, so haven't had much time for any sewing or blogging. Today is Friday, and my weekend plans pretty much involve flannel PJ pants and SEWING!



I've been able to grab a few minutes here and there to work on the star point blocks for the Cathedral Windows quilt. I purchased the Tri-Recs ruler for these units, and it makes piecing  and cutting them accurately much easier. So far, sewing with the tie material has gone really well, and I think my biggest challenge will just be keeping all the bias edges from getting too wonky. You can already see that things are starting to distort in the pictures, so very careful pressing and lots of starch will be my plan moving forward.

 

I'm about half way done with the star points. Next I have to make over 350 four-patch blocks. I'm going to use strips of the wedding dress material, whatever leftovers I have from the ties, and we'll see what else.

No comments:

Post a Comment