Sunday, January 11, 2015

Unexpected Project

Sometimes, you spot a quilt on a blog or somewhere and you think, "I must drop everything and make that!". This usually happens to me right when I have some deadline to finish, or when I'm in the middle of 16 other unfinished quilts, or at 2 a.m., or some other inconvenient time. Usually, I do end up dropping everything and making it.

That happened to me last night. I spotted this little beauty on The Happy Zombie blog, and what do you know...it's a free pattern and everything! Cute little Chinese lanterns all strung together? And I happen to have some vaguely Asian inspired fabric from Amy Butler that would be perfect? Yes, I must make that.

So I started cutting my fabric last night.

A few years I went to China on a whim. It's kind of a long story, involving me selling a bunch of stuff on e-bay, a well-timed groupon, and it being January with nothing else to do. I was there during Chinese New Year, and strings of lanterns were hanging all over the place. This quilt reminds me of that.


No comments:

Post a Comment